Taiwanese Database Team Task #1

This discussion has been closed.

Taylorgg12 wrote: It seems some of the newer ones can't be updated as the characters and full cast haven't been broadcasted yet. So we will have to wait for some of them as our database already has the current information.

Sometimes it's easier to find the information when they are closer to their airing date, unless the dramas are hyped. Just update as fully as you can for now. :)
I think it'd be a good idea to make a list of upcoming dramas that doesn't have much info released because it's not airing yet, that way we can keep checking different websites for updated information and then update MDL when new info is released, so we won't have to browse through all the dramas we've already updated. *Edit* I'll keep track of them, I have something awesome called notepad on my computer, I just realized....kekeke
I just wanted to let you guys know that there's a bug when you edit the actors' roles through their page by editing the details. Sometimes that just leaves their list empty. So, it looks like you've delete all dramas on his list rather than add character types and names. Or something like that... So, I reject them.
LisNoir wrote: I just wanted to let you guys know that there's a bug when you edit the actors' roles through their page by editing the details. Sometimes that just leaves their list empty. So, it looks like you've delete all dramas on his list rather than add character types and names. Or something like that... So, I reject them.

Eeep, scary ;_; But it works if you go to the drama page and add them there, right?
Rubaxxa wrote: Eeep, scary ;_; But it works if you go to the drama page and add them there, right?

Yeah, it works there.
If anyone tries to add a drama and the channel is missing, please go here: http://mydramalist.com/forum/showthread.php?890-New-Channels and check if it has been requested. If it hasn't pleased add it. Thanks everyone for your hard work.

Also, all submissions made before an hour ago have been approved, but two actors which I need to check with Skye first. Thanks everyone! :)
LisNoir wrote: If anyone tries to add a drama and the channel is missing, please go here: http://mydramalist.com/forum/showthread.php?890-New-Channels and check if it has been requested. If it hasn't pleased add it. Thanks everyone for your hard work.

Also, all submissions made before an hour ago have been approved, but two actors which I need to check with Skye first. Thanks everyone! :)

Alright, I was wondering about that! Thanks. =p
OK, everything's been approved/rejected. I rejected two actors because I looked them up and it said they were born in Thailand. And we are not adding actors/movies/dramas from Thailand yet. Thanks again everyone. :D
I'd like to apologize - I've been busy the past couple of days and tomorrow's my mom's birthday, but come Monday I'll have time again so I'll do as much as I can on Monday (:
All edits are approved. Someone is working on the actors now. I hope you have a good time with your omma today C4U. :D
LisNoir wrote: I hope you have a good time with your omma today C4U. :D

Thanks (:

I'm getting started now, I'll do at least one drama tonight and hopefully will have time to do a couple tomorrow.

My step brother let me borrow his Sims 3 game for the Xbox at a bad time....It's too addicting, I lose track of time =__= haha.
Does anyone else have some trouble finding info on some of the actors/actresses to complete the whole cast list from Dramawiki or check for accuracy? There are some people that even when I google with the chinese title and chinese name I come up with nothing so I guess I'll just skip those ones.
Crazy4You wrote: Does anyone else have some trouble finding info on some of the actors/actresses to complete the whole cast list from Dramawiki or check for accuracy? There are some people that even when I google with the chinese title and chinese name I come up with nothing so I guess I'll just skip those ones.

I think that's a problem with Chinese actors. Their isn't really a huge database on them. Hopefully MDL can become known for that. Maybe try sugoideas.com for them.
How's this week's task coming along? Is it almost done?
Skye-N-Rain wrote: I think that's a problem with Chinese actors. Their isn't really a huge database on them. Hopefully MDL can become known for that. Maybe try sugoideas.com for them.

I think so, too and there really isn't :/ Hopefully we can find more information on them. And I looked at sugoideas but it still wasn't much help for the actors with quite literally no info =__= I try using google translate to help with some though.

I'm currently working on adding actors and making sure the titles are right on the dramas that look like they're lacking in information. Somehow ended up on a Chinese drama (2012) but I figured it couldn't hurt to add since there's quite a few actors that have information and they're not in MDL.

I'll add more tomorrow (: