Taiwanese Database Team Task #1

This discussion has been closed.

Okay I mean I looked over the new dramas , and the actors that are not listed are mostly the people for who it's kind of hard to find their Profile. I can almost say that for the new drama almost all the easy profile are there. So I will be putting the other dramas I may work on, because I realize that they are a few of them that do not have a complete cast.
Crazy4You wrote: Does anyone else have some trouble finding info on some of the actors/actresses to complete the whole cast list from Dramawiki or check for accuracy? There are some people that even when I google with the chinese title and chinese name I come up with nothing so I guess I'll just skip those ones.

If you use their native name and search on google you should be able to find the chinese wikipedia and that website has got almost all of the actors and actresses I've been looking for. You can use google to translate the website to English and you should be able to write a summary out of what you find there. I've been looking at so much hanzi that regular letters seem like heaven to me right now, lmao.
I want to help and contribute. DM/s, pm me how. :)
miks wrote: I want to help and contribute. DM/s, pm me how. :)

Just look at the new upcoming dramas and see if all the info has been added. Check if the cast is complete and if it isn't you should check other websites for information about the actors that are missing and add them to the database. If you're having trouble, you can message me and I'll explain it in greater detail for you, it can be tricky. Some actors are really hard to find, so just let me know and I'll try my best for you!
Rubaxxa wrote: Just look at the new upcoming dramas and see if all the info has been added. Check if the cast is complete and if it isn't you should check other websites for information about the actors that are missing and add them to the database. If you're having trouble, you can message me and I'll explain it in greater detail for you, it can be tricky. Some actors are really hard to find, so just let me know and I'll try my best for you!

Okay, thanks for the info. I'll see what i can do. :)
miks wrote: Okay, thanks for the info. I'll see what i can do. :)

No problem! Thanks for helping out, it's a lot of work to add Chinese/Taiwanese actors, there is a lot of missing information about them and it's hard to find it on the net, so you end up spending hours on just one actor, lol. But you'll most likely find it on the Chinese wikipedia http://zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:%E9%A6%96%E9%A1%B5 - you just gotta use the google website translator to figure it out -> http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=no&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fzh.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FWikipedia%3A%25E9%25A6%2596%25E9%25A1%25B5
I think that google might be in Norwegian, but you can just change it to English if it doesn't do that automatically.
Use their native name to search for it on the Chinese wiki.. You'll figure it out. =p
I was searching for a t-drama but end up on this hk-drama which i thought is a t-drama since i was searching for t-drama.. Anyway, i just did go on and added the hk-drama (til love do us lie) in the database, incomplete cast though since other actors are not yet in the database and i can't find the roles of the actors which are already in the database.. I added one hk-actor (eddie cheung) too.. Pheeeew~ I'll try again next time.. Back to watching for now.. :)
miks wrote: I was searching for a t-drama but end up on this hk-drama which i thought is a t-drama since i was searching for t-drama.. Anyway, i just did go on and added the hk-drama (til love do us lie) in the database, incomplete cast though since other actors are not yet in the database and i can't find the roles of the actors which are already in the database.. I added one hk-actor (eddie cheung) too.. Pheeeew~ I'll try again next time.. Back to watching for now.. :)

Good job! :)
Rubaxxa wrote: If you use their native name and search on google you should be able to find the chinese wikipedia and that website has got almost all of the actors and actresses I've been looking for. You can use google to translate the website to English and you should be able to write a summary out of what you find there. I've been looking at so much hanzi that regular letters seem like heaven to me right now, lmao.

Haha actually that's what I've been doing, too! But some actors honestly don't even show up when I google their Chinese name - no Wiki page or anything helpful. So it makes it hard when you can't even find something simple like a birthday =__= So I've been skipping those ones that I can't find anything on.

And thanks for helping Mik (:
Crazy4You wrote: Haha actually that's what I've been doing, too! But some actors honestly don't even show up when I google their Chinese name - no Wiki page or anything helpful. So it makes it hard when you can't even find something simple like a birthday =__= So I've been skipping those ones that I can't find anything on.

And thanks for helping Mik (:

That's really frustrating.. Me too, I tried all the combos in google to no avail.. >.<

No problem, I'm glad to be of help.. ^^ Will try to add more later..

Q: How fast can i see the drama / actor that I've added?
miks wrote: That's really frustrating.. Me too, I tried all the combos in google to no avail.. >.<

No problem, I'm glad to be of help.. ^^ Will try to add more later..

Q: How fast can i see the drama / actor that I've added?

As soon as the changes have been approved =p
Update: If you have added an actor 6 hours and before that, they should be in the recent actors list.
Update: Update: All actors and detail changes up to this point approved.
I'm going over all Dramas to see if the cast is complete , because it seems to me like there are a few people that have the new dramas all up and covered. I even going to have a good week to search with Spring break around the corner.
All actors/changes approved.