Please? GL while you're at it I guess. Idk if this is appropriate but there is a difference between "Gay relationship" and BL. The lover (Kdrama) has a gay relationship but no one would refer to it as a BL drama. Thoughts? 

Let me clarify, Boys Love (BL) has really evolved into it's own separate distinction at this point. "Gay relationship" includes dramas where the same sex relationship centers around minor characters and where there may not even be a clear indication that they are together. When people think of "BL" they are perceiving a drama in which the same sex male couple are going to be front and center as the leads and there WILL be a very clear romance and indication they are together.  That is the major distinction between the two. That is why I think BL/GL tags should be added and used since it is a distinct enough tag at this point. 

Hessa Volunteer Staff

BL/GL is a Japanese term. Bl is for Gay content made for female and GL is lesbian content made for males. Then we have Danmei, Bara, etc.

Countries other than the ones in East Asia use LGBTQ+ to indicate such series. They don’t have to indicate this is made for female specifically or males. The tags here work the same way, we have Gay/lesbian character, Gay/lesbian relationship, and LGBTQ+.

This issue was previously discussed with the admin, who said to keep using the current tags.

Hessa:

BL/GL is a Japanese term. Bl is for Gay content made for female and GL is lesbian content made for males. Then we have Danmei, Bara, etc.

Countries other than the ones in East Asia use LGBTQ+ to indicate such series. They don’t have to indicate this is made for female specifically or males. The tags here work the same way, we have Gay/lesbian character, Gay/lesbian relationship, and LGBTQ+.

This issue was previously discussed with the admin, who said to keep using the current tags.

Oh ok... thank you for clarifying.