The sight of so many requests to  remove duplicate profiles keeps popping up makes me wonder why! 

Even if the creator fails to double check the stage name is not yet in existence, don't the approver/s have some form of checklist to vet and authenticate the creation before approving the "Add Person" reqs?  

Yuanwei Volunteer Staff
 AnastasiaWun:

The sight of so many requests to  remove duplicate profiles keeps popping up makes me wonder why! 

Even if the creator fails to double check the stage name is not yet in existence, don't the approver/s have some form of checklist to vet and authenticate the creation before approving the "Add Person" reqs?  

You have been on this site since 2013 and you still don’t know how the site works. Makes me wonder why!

On a serious note, even though we triple check the database, we still aren’t able to avoid the duplicates as the site and approval panel has some bugs. Unfortunately, there’s nothing we (approval staff and users) can do except waiting for the admins to release a newer, improved version of the site that doesn’t have these bugs.

I’ll advise you to be patient as everyone is working hard to do their part.

Well, I did register in 2013 but never log in at all. Actively using MDL only around mid 2020.

Wasn't complaining but just thinking out loud... wondering why so many reported cases or what could have caused  the issue or is there any  loophole somewhere in the system. 

I saw a duplicate page of a drama that I've had in my PTW list 3 years ago (Tell Me Your Wish), meanwhile the "original" page seems to be abandoned.. the real question is why doesn't the Report Page option work (I'm using a phone with the desktop mode right now if that matters)? 

Sunset:

I saw a duplicate page of a drama that I've had in my PTW list 3 years ago (Tell Me Your Wish), meanwhile the "original" page seems to be abandoned.. the real question is why doesn't the Report Page option work (I'm using a phone with the desktop mode right now if that matters)? 

yeah, I'm wondering that as well. Tried to report a duplicate, but didn't work...

don't think it matters you were on your phone. I'm currently using my laptop but same result. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hessa Volunteer Staff
 MiroshAhn1:

yeah, I'm wondering that as well. Tried to report a duplicate, but didn't work...

don't think it matters you were on your phone. I'm currently using my laptop but same result. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The report used to work, but was disabled a few months ago for some reason.