NaNoWriMo = National Novel Writing Month

From the site

National Novel Writing Month is a fun, seat-of-your-pants approach to novel writing. Participants begin writing on November 1. The goal is to write a 50,000-word (approximately 175-page) novel by 11:59:59 PM on November 30.

Valuing enthusiasm and perseverance over painstaking craft, NaNoWriMo is a novel-writing program for everyone who has thought fleetingly about writing a novel but has been scared away by the time and effort involved.

As you spend November writing, you can draw comfort from the fact that, all around the world, other National Novel Writing Month participants are going through the same joys and sorrows of producing the Great Frantic Novel. Wrimos meet throughout the month to offer encouragement, commiseration, and?when the thing is done?the kind of raucous celebrations that tend to frighten animals and small children.

Basically it's a month where you let your creativity loose, and write,
write, write , write until you reach the magical number 50.000
marking the finish line

Definitely not for people who want to keep their sanity in check because writing 50k words in one month is definitely not an easy taks

thousands of people participate every year

If you'd like to participate or already are, if there's a story you're writing or would like to write
Post all things NaNoWriMo here ^^
Me: http://nanowrimo.org/en/participants/musicrose

My first novel: Racer

Excerpt

Blurry. Everything was blurry. First came darkness, and as I slowly started to open my eyes, light shone upon them. But my eyes felt so heavy, it was so difficult I gave up. All I remember of that night is seeing a faint shadow and feeling drips of water, tears maybe, falling down on me. It felt as if it was raining, and these sounds. As if cats were laughing and scratching. Most unpleasant. I closed my eyes again and suddenly felt shocks. These made my body go up and down. It hurt so much, yet did nothing to make my tiredness better. The sounds grew worse and the last thing I remember hearing is ‘Time of death, 3.08 AM , 20.11.12’.

it still needs work and stuff, but that's what december is there for,
november is just to reach that magical number, yes, I said magical
Sounds interesting but the deadline's already approaching and therefore it will be (nearly) impossible for anyone to join in this late. But I am interested in your novel, Musicrose, if you don't mind sharing details before the contest is over. What did you write about and how long did it take you? :)
Most of my friends do this every year. :) I do not have the motivation to even attempt it. lol
I tried doing that 2 or 3 years ago and failed miserably. My head is full of ideas, but as soon as I try to write them down it's empty. I gave up a long time ago. I still follow some people's progress every year. NaNoWriMo is great. :)
I gave up after three or four days x) But I really want to write a book once. Perhaps I'll do it with a fanfic next year x)
I ended up with 40,000 words this year. I was successful two years ago but last year my laptop died. This year, I got a late start due to writer's block and the last two weeks I was simply too tired and too busy to keep up. I'll try again next year though!

My novel this year? A woman who hates her job and dreams of quitting suddenly gets her chance. A new neighbor buys her a lottery ticket for fun and it turns out to be a winner, sending her on a new journey of finding herself and what she really wants out of life.
infiniti512 wrote: I ended up with 40,000 words this year. I was successful two years ago but last year my laptop died. This year, I got a late start due to writer's block and the last two weeks I was simply too tired and too busy to keep up. I'll try again next year though!

My novel this year? A woman who hates her job and dreams of quitting suddenly gets her chance. A new neighbor buys her a lottery ticket for fun and it turns out to be a winner, sending her on a new journey of finding herself and what she really wants out of life.

Wow, 40000 is amazing. Congrats! :)
devitto wrote: Wow, 40000 is amazing. Congrats! :)

Thanks. I'll definitely complete it next year. I'm still working on what I wrote but taking my time now.
I managed to complete again this year :) I have a tendency to find the better story 2 days before the deadline it always gives a last minute boost but i usually have to shake my fist at the screen and demand to know where these characters were at the start of the month!
Anyone participating this year? I'm going to try a few write-ins as well.
I will :) This will be my third year (non-consecutive) I'll be participating.
ohhhhh it'll be great if it was with arabic languge too cuz i wrote untile now about (80485) and still many things to write ,ahhhhhh i wish if i'm good with english weeeeeeeeeep
Joooya wrote: ohhhhh it'll be great if it was with arabic languge too cuz i wrote untile now about (80485) and still many things to write ,ahhhhhh i wish if i'm good with english weeeeeeeeeep

I'm pretty sure you can write in whatever language you're comfortable with. Try it and see? Wow 80485? That's amazing!
I would love to do this, but I'm not the kind of writer who can just...write something. xD I'm more of a write-when-the-inspiration-hits-me type (which it hasn't been doing lately), so this would be difficult. Also, November is usually a pretty busy month for me. (I work in retail, so holidays = more customers = more hours = craziness.) It sounds like a pretty cool thing, though, so maybe I will try it someday. :)