Y'all...... help a dummy out LMAO

In the comment sections, how do you @ (mention) someone in the replies so that it hyperlinks the text and notifies the user? Do you have to be on a specific platform? ex: only on PC

Thanks in advance!

song:

Y'all...... help a dummy out LMAO

In the comment sections, how do you @ (mention) someone in the replies so that it hyperlinks the text and notifies the user? Do you have to be on a specific platform? ex: only on PC

Thanks in advance!

you need to press on the “quote” button given at the lower right corner of that person’s comment

Ash:

you need to press on the “quote” button given at the lower right corner of that person’s comment

That's good for discussion posts, but I'm referring to the comment section. I can't figure it out :'(

If I'm not wrong, it should automatically @ someone when you click reply to their comment. But I don't think the @ actually appears until the third or fourth reply when the discussion starts to get longer. If that makes sense.

@NoirRoseHeart  

I thought that before too but it doesn't seem to be showing up even when the discussion gets really long. Once, though, it did automatically appear when I did nothing but hit reply. Not sure why or how...

I wondered if it was just a me problem since the comment above and the comment below mine will have their @ hyperlinked, while mine is the only one that's not.

Not sure then. I have @ appearing in my replies, but not all of them. On and off they appear, but the ones they do appear on, I never did anything specific to make them appear, just replied like normal.

Tag/mention may automatically generated when you use reply to comment. If you're asking whether you can tag/mention someone else manually, then no. You can't. The current mdl version doesn’t have that function yet.

NoirRoseHeart and samenai 

Okay, thanks for the responses. Sucks to know that it doesn't show up all the time and that we can't do it manually like in discussion posts here.

MDL, it's 2024! You need a major update!

song:
we can't do it manually like in discussion posts here.

Umm. Mention/tag doesn't work in the forum, either. For example, I'm quoting only you in this comment. Does it mean you're the only one getting a notification? No. Everyone who is following this thread gets a notification of this comment.
And this is likewise your comment before the last one, where it appeared you tried to mention Noire.