There’s a certain actor whose profile picture I want changed, but I don’t know how to request it. Are there any admins that are in charge of profile pictures that I can contact? Who exactly should I sent a request to? What are the rules regarding picture changes that I must know before sending a request?

go to the actor's profile page, click on "edit this page" on the right corner, select "cover image" and upload the pic. i usually write also the reason why i'm changing the photo (such as better quality, focus on the face etc.). Reasons such as "they look better in this pic" are not accepted.

Minimum dimensions 300x300 pixels

according to the guidelines (https://mydramalist.com/discussions/support/17285-guidelines-editing-and-submitting-new-dramas-movies-and-actors), these are the rules:

Cover Image:

1. Changing actors/actresses’ cover images is not based on personal tastes. We only change actors’ covers if the actors grew in age or the quality is either bad or small. Therefore, it is pointless to submit actors’ photos basing on style and looks with comments like: “he looks better here” or “This hair/look suits him better”. You need to know that it is impossible to satisfy everyone’s tastes.
  2. Actors/actresses’ cover images will be changed if:
    • The picture is in black and white.
    • With bad quality, small, or blurry.
    • The picture is extremely widescreen. MDL pages are more geared for the pictures being bigger height-wise (rather than width-wise).
    • The person lost 100 pounds.
    • The picture is several years old and the actor now has gray hairs (from old age) or the actor is now an adult.
    • The picture is of someone else.
    • Something is obscuring the face of the actor/actress.
    • The picture is very close to the face that the actor's face is cut off from the cast list pictures.
  3. Criteria for a good actor’s picture:
    • Pictures should focus on the face, and not the body of the actor or an item they are holding/wearing.
    • Pictures should be of high quality.
    • The picture should be a close up to the face, but not so close that the face of the actor gets cut in the cast list pictures. Basically, the image should show the full head of the actor (all hair and face if possible).
    • It is preferred if the actor's face is straight toward the camera so that their full face is shown.
    • No watermarks are present in the picture.

i can’t see the option to edit the actor’s page on the right corner. am i  missing something?? is it supposed to be on the top right corner or the bottom right?? 

top right, next to the hearts

next to the actor's profile pic in order there are these labels: "details", "related articles", number of hearts, "edit this page"

see here: https://prnt.sc/v8xayo

i was so confused at first bc i was using my phone...so i went to the web browser & it’s there. i wasn’t really sure apparently where it was supposed to be but i guess you can only find it via web browser. i’m not sure if i’m wrong tho.

thank you!!

oh, sorry! i took for granted that you were using a laptop XD

it’s ok haha thank you so much once again!! i’m just hoping the moderators will accept it bc these rules seem like. REALLY strict 

no problem :D

yeah, the rules must be a little strict otherwise every user would keep changing pictures according to their taste and since everybody taste is different, it would be really messy for the approval staff ^^

I want to ask, why are changing some actors pictures (for example Xu Kai and Woo Do Hwan ) when previous picture was even more relevant then new, at list new pictures are same quality, show actor with same age and weight , same position on picture...
I was trying to change few pictures of actors, because there are more relevant photos of these actors, I don't mean personal taste or "he looks better" but more usual end typical visual of these actors (for example if he wears same hairstyle most of the time but MLD profile picture shows his more rare look). But my requests were rejected, but then I often see that pictures are changing with almost same or list relevant images, so I'm interested, how it works, it there double standards or some users can change pictures without criteria?

I dont know where can I get answer so I'm replying this old thread with similar subject, hope I can get answer, thank you!

You can simplify the process photo changing with efficient photo editing tools like Luminar's this tool Its ensures seamless adjustments, enabling precise changes to actors' images for a polished and professional look across the board.