I have been on MDL for a while now but only recently i started using it more. What are Contribution Points and how do they work? If i was to add cast members in a drama would i gain points? How does this get accept?

what is the difference between Contribution Points and profile points (new followers/friends) 

Contribution Points are given to you when you edit a drama or an actress/actor's profile. Adding anything (cast members, genres, tags, etc.) gives you points. Edits are only accepted by the approval staff if it's correct and have evidence to prove your claim. (E.g. citing wikipedia)

No one really knows what the profile points are or how to get them. My guess is being active in discussions/forums, but I'm not 100% sure.

Whenever you make a successful edit, you get coins. Coins are used to send flowers to an actor/actress you like or to send a gift to a fellow MDL user.

noel:

Contribution Points are given to you when you edit a drama or an actress/actor's profile. Adding anything (cast members, genres, tags, etc.) gives you points. Edits are only accepted by the approval staff if it's correct and have evidence to prove your claim. (E.g. citing wikipedia)

No one really knows what the profile points are or how to get them. My guess is being active in discussions/forums, but I'm not 100% sure.

Whenever you make a successful edit, you get coins. Coins are used to send flowers to an actor/actress you like or to send a gift to a fellow MDL user.

Thank you for your explanation.
Even tho I still find it confusing that we have two different numbers for the contribution points (the one next to followers and the one under Location...

I made an edit in the biography of an drama but didn't get any contribution points why

I made an edit in the biography of an drama but didn't get any contribution points why

Starrrvvibes:

This feature is broken. It doesn't work anymore