Synopsis:

About the Show

Our entire way of life depends on electricity. So what would happen if it just stopped working? Well, one day, like a switch turned off, the world is suddenly thrust back into the dark ages. Planes fall from the sky, hospitals shut down, and communication is impossible. And without any modern technology, who can tell us why?

Now, 15 years later, life is back to what it once was long before the industrial revolution: families living in quiet cul-de-sacs, and when the sun goes down, the lanterns and candles are lit. Life is slower and sweeter. Or is it?

On the fringes of small farming communities, danger lurks. And a young woman's life is dramatically changed when a local militia arrives and kills her father, who mysteriously - and unbeknownst to her - had something to do with the blackout. This brutal encounter sets her and two unlikely companions off on a daring coming-of-age journey to find answers about the past in the hopes of reclaiming the future.

From director Jon Favreau ("Iron Man," "Iron Man 2") and the fertile imaginations of J.J. Abrams and Eric Kripke ("Supernatural"), comes a surprising "what if" action-adventure series, where an unlikely hero will lead the world out of the dark. Literally.

Cast:

Billy Burke as Miles
Tracy Spiridakos as Charlie
Graham Rogers as Danny
J.D. Pardo as Nate
Zak Orth as Aaron
Maria Howell as Grace
Tim Guinee as Ben
Elizabeth Mitchell as Rachel
Giancarlo Esposito as Captain Tom Neville
David Lyons as Bass / General Monroe

Is anyone planning to watch this? I think it looks really good. I'll give it a try. :)

*edit*

Trailer

It sounds interesting! It actually does look like it'll be pretty good, too. I should check it out when it airs, hope I remember haha. I'm getting more into the western shows again now.
Crazy4You wrote: It sounds interesting! It actually does look like it'll be pretty good, too. I should check it out when it airs, hope I remember haha. I'm getting more into the western shows again now.

Yeah, I've started spreading out again instead of just focusing on Asian dramas. :)
Oooh This looks good! And Jon Favreau and J.J. Abrams! I might have to start watching US TV again.
Sleepninja wrote: Yeah, I've started spreading out again instead of just focusing on Asian dramas. :)

Me too (: I think I got so focused on Asian dramas I just found myself not as into watching them lately >__< Still love them but taking a break haha.

As for this drama - it does look interesting so I really should watch it when it premiers (:
Beware of NBC/CBS/ABC shows. They tend to get canned shortly after airing. Especially ones with plots that look interesting. Other than the warning above it looks interesting. I might consider watching it.
Raventhedark wrote: Beware of NBC/CBS/ABC shows. They tend to get canned shortly after airing. Especially ones with plots that look interesting.

Other than the warning above it looks interesting. I might consider watching it.

That goes for all of our channels. Nothing new for me, I've had it happen to a lot of shows I love. *fingers crossed*
This post expresses love for Billy Burke. ♥♥♥

Ok, carry on with the discussion. lol
Sleepninja wrote: That goes for all of our channels. Nothing new for me, I've had it happen to a lot of shows I love. *fingers crossed*

Yeah, but these are frequent offenders. Men in Trees, October Road, Jericho, Kings to name a few :(
Pushing Daisies cancellation was a crime! (ABC and FOX are the worst offenders in my opinion.) Firefly and Wonderfalls! GAH! But this looks good and I loved LOST so I'm going to definitely tune in to give it a try.
Jeaniessi wrote: Pushing Daisies cancellation was a crime! (ABC and FOX are the worst offenders in my opinion.) Firefly and Wonderfalls! GAH!

But this looks good and I loved LOST so I'm going to definitely tune in to give it a try.

I quit Lost after a certain somebody was killed off. It just started losing it's appeal after that. I didn't much care for the direction it went in.

About Firefly and Wonderfalls, agreed! There have been so many awesome shows that I never got to see completed.

Surface, Threshold, Invasion, Birds of Prey, Dollhouse, Sarah Connor Chronicles, Miracles, Joan of Arcadia, Angel, Veronica Mars, Glory Days. And that's only a smidgen of my disappointments.

BBC cancelled Demons and Hex. T-T
Did anyone ever catch the pilot to this show? Wondering whether it is worthwhile to tune into.
I saw the previews when I was watching the Olympics and it looked interesting.
I ended up watching the first two episodes, which definitely gave me some FlashForward and Terra Nova vibes haha. It has much room to improve, but it's only the beginning so I'll see where they go with it.