Demoninside wrote: I mean...c'mon! You need to see the guy's sexy chest at least! :D

Hahahaha! I guess my first thought whenever I see that is: "Why pull up your sheets to your chin afterwards? Who does that, Silly Movie Character?" I mean, I know why, but I guess my eyebrow-raising says more about me than anything else. *blush-blush* And then once my initial confusion subsides, I focus on the candy, hehe.
Jumping to sci-fi.
Scenario: your average mission to save the Earth from ultimate destruction.
Premises: it's such an important, delicate mission that the NASA recruits 4 people (not 12, or 25, nonono). One is a retired atronaut (eh, the experience of the old generation!!), a young woman who dresses like a man and is the only one capable of piloting a spacecraft, an engineer with glasses and some cowboy or dockworker whose knowledge of physics and astronomy equals zero but he's got the guts and will entertain crew and viewer with the most idiotic questions about the solar system.

Plot: the engineer will fall sick with chickenpox 1 hour after departure - and why not? After all, they are not checked, or prepared before the launch in real life!
When the game gets tough, our old astronaut will take over the piloting of the shuttle because he's the only one who can do manual steering. 345 millions problems will complicate the original mission, including meteor showers, an engine which breaks down, no connection with Houston, the bomb didn't work, "ops, we didn't think about the absence of gravity (we thought it was a school trip to Niagara Falls) and now we must re-do all our calculations. Manually."
They come back by miracle in a spacecraft which, after losing all its pieces looks like my niece's pedal mini-car and land into the ocean. The sun shines again after 2 months of darkness. Like this:
Romantic movies:

cliche number 1: The girl has to get married but there is always an ex-bf or a new man that she'll meet/see again and the wedding is off.
cliche number 2: A good, intelligent girl, most of the cases virgin, will always end up in love with a bad guy changing him into a good man. This works better for melodrama : the girl/boy dies at the end.
cliche number 3 : Someone has to have an affair.
cliche number 4 : There's no romance without "love at first sight"/ "soul mates"/ "true love" !

Action movies :

cliche number 5: The main hero's wife or brother either dies or his children/family is kidnapped.
cliche number 6 : If he works as a policeman he has to give up his badge and gun. His partner always gets hurt or killed.
cliche number 7 : He has to revenge his family/partner!
cliche number 8 : There has to be explosions at the scene of the final fight!!!

etc..
the token black man always dies 1st. and if he doesn't die 1st he will be the only man to survive but most certainly will die in part 2 if they even remember there was a black guy in part 1.

in slasher films the dumb big boobed blond always runs up the stairs or back into the house where the killer most certainly is waiting instead of running outside, to the neighbour. and if she does plan on running out it is always to her car where she will drop the keys while trying to open the door and get slashed to death as she stands up to face the killer.

every slasher film has the moment where a shady character u suspect is the killer creeps up behind some bushes to scare the shizzle out of the unsuspecting heroine. sad thing is 9 times out 10 the audience sees this coming but jumps in fright regardless.

the bad guy has the chance to get away with his crimes but stands around waving his gun at the hero/heroine and is usually talking about how awesome he is or why the hero is a piece of shitzle that ruined his life and deserves to die. giving the hero a chance to think and outsmart the bad guy or the cops show up in the nick of time.

in soap operas the long awkward squinty eyed stares before commercial breaks or smtms for no good reason.

how many times must we see new york be destroyed, from the statue of liberty to empire state building and there is always a yellow cab that bites the dust. if it's not new york then it's paris. the poor eiffel tower has been blown up, too many times to count.

teen flick make overs. need i say more.

teen flick school dances/proms/ parties where leads gets drunk and or makes an ass of him or herself or gets dissed by the popular kids.

romantic comedies always ends with one partner chasing after the other...ALWAY!! either they have to stop a cab or get on a plane or get to the train station before the train leaves, to ensure that they don't lose their one true love.

romantic comedies -both leads(male and female) have less attractive but surprising witty best friends who push the star cross lovers together but have no lives of their own.
my bf gave me one. the killer is always hiding in the back seat but the intended victim never sees the killer. how could u walk past ut car window and not notice a the big black thing in ur back seat?
princessreyta wrote: my bf gave me one. the killer is always hiding in the back seat but the intended victim never sees the killer. how could u walk past ut car window and not notice a the big black thing in ur back seat?

Ahaha! So true. This made me lol.
pigaro8004 wrote: Romantic movies:

cliche number 4 : There's no romance without "love at first sight"/ "soul mates"/ "true love" !

cliche number 7 : He has to revenge his family/partner!

How true, LOL. There is no other form of love: it's either the soul mates bla bla or it's nothing at all!
And cops don't think about the eventuality a collegue may die on duty, no! When enrolling into the police, they thought they would spend the time taking care of flowers and cats on the tree. Hence the revenge. :D

VetBlooke wrote:
how many times must we see new york be destroyed, from the statue of liberty to empire state building and there is always a yellow cab that bites the dust. if it's not new york then it's paris. the poor eiffel tower has been blown up, too many times to count.

romantic comedies always ends with one partner chasing after the other...ALWAY!! either they have to stop a cab or get on a plane or get to the train station before the train leaves, to ensure that they don't lose their one true love.

The N.Y./Paris thing cracked me up (the fact that both the Statue of Liberty and the Eiffel Tower were designed by Eiffel holds a certain poetic justice). The most original directors add either a static picture of the Pyramids or the Big Ben. ;)
The chasing lovers, on the other hands, pair up well with Claudya's soulmates. ;)
1. The bad guy always kill his right hand man if he fails to kill the good guy.
2. Nerds always get put into lockers(How do they fit in so perfectly)
3. In horror movies the bad never dies(see Freddie, Jason,Myers)
4. Aliens are always trying to kill us & take over our world
annettcelenza wrote: 1. The bad guy always kill his right hand man if he fails to kill the good guy.

Rofl, as if they had nothing better to do. :D
annettcelenza wrote: 1. The bad guy always kill his right hand man if he fails to kill the good guy.

This is hilarious... this thread is so funny. I'm going to sleep with a smile. But your comment about the nerds in lockers made me fall off my chair hahaha. :D
I literally LOLed when I read this somewhere, therefore had to share it with y'all ...(dunno if it's already mentioned):

**All beds have a special L-shaped top sheet, which reaches up to armpit level on women but only to waist level on men.
keat1905 wrote: I literally LOLed when I read this somewhere, therefore had to share it with y'all ...(dunno if it's already mentioned):

**All beds have a special L-shaped top sheet, which reaches up to armpit level on women but only to waist level on men.

BaT mentioned it, but I rofl then as I do now: rofl! :D
During car chases, the cars never run out of gas.
hellopeanut wrote: During car chases, the cars never run out of gas.

this one makes me think of guns never running out of bullets even tho the type of gun can only hold about 6 to 8 bullets or stmng.

speaking of guns: the hero manages to shoot the bad guy regardless of the obstacles in his way, how wrong he is holding his gun, the distance, type of gun or where they are; once the hero takes his shots the bad guy goes down.
I saw this comic today and immediately thought: Oh, let me post this on MD- wait. The sites down. What do I do now!?!? And we're back up. :D

Here it is: