I love horror movies, but only if I'm not alone!!! lol
Jeaniessi wrote:
Stephen King's IT

The reason why I want to kick a clown each time I see one to this day...
LisNoir wrote: The reason why I want to kick a clown each time I see one to this day...

I freaking HATE clowns!
I have watched them alone in the past (but never again!) I used to enjoy scaring myself with them, but then I often would get too scared to sleep the following night(s). However being such a wimp and someone who enjoys sleep without being paranoid, I tend not to watch them much at all anymore.
Hi c: I'm new here, but I saw this thread and couldn't help but comment! I haven't seen the film myself, but a very little known horror movie was made out of a sleeping disorder I have - or rather, the folklore behind it. It's called Marianne. Here is a teaser trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIfQgmpp96k&feature=relmfu

Don't expect much from that trailer - the director wanted people to watch the movie without fully knowing what it was. The movie is based on "sleep paralysis" - it's when your eyes open as you sleep, but you continue dreaming. So, your brain start to project your dreams onto the environment that surrounds you. It occurs in people who suffer from frequent psychological stress or trauma... and it's honestly one of the scariest things that I believe can ever happen to a human being.

While it is happening, you never ever dream good things; you always dream of monsters, and devils, and all of your phobias. The brain is so clever it can even make it seem like parts of the room you're sleeping in are warping, burning, or even being destroyed. And all the while this is happening, you cannot move. Only watch...

... cool, huh? ^^

In a way, I feel quite priveledged that I get these often... the brain is an incredible thing. I've heard nothing but good reviews about the movie, too. :) But I myself am not going to watch it. If I woke up in the middle of one of these fits... I just know it would be this "Marianne" that I would see... !! s:

If you choose to watch it, I hope you enjoy it! ^_^ xx
Hi novalinnhe.:)

I looked it up, and it sounds really interesting. I might watch it soon.

wrote: Marianne is a 2011 Swedish horror film, directed by Filip Tegstedt, that premiered at the 2011 Fantasia International Film Festival on 2 August 2011.
Hailed by one reviewer as "one of the great discoveries in genre cinema this year", this film is set in the town of Östersund, in the Jämtland region to the north of Sweden, and focuses on the mental state of Krister, a man who is left to raise a newborn baby whilst coping with a teenage daughter who blames him for the recent death of his wife. In the midst of his psychological turmoil, Krister suffers from terrible nightmares and becomes convinced that his troubles may be the work of a Mare that is haunting him.

I also found the other day a Hong Kong film called "Sleepwalker"

[OMFG] 'Sadako' Returns In Trailer For 'Ringu' Sequel!

13 years after the original Ring movie, Sadako will be returning to the big screen in Sadako 3D. Kadokawa Shoten Company released today the film's official international trailer. Koji Suzuki, the author of the original "Ring" novel series, originally indicated that the new 3D film will include a scene of Sadako coming out of a television set, similar to the original. He penned the screenplay. Tsutomu Hanabusa directs.

"Akane is a high school teacher who hears a rumor from her students that there is actual footage on the Internet of someone's suicide. The footage is said to drive anyone who sees it to also commit suicide. Akane does not believe the rumor at first, but when one of her female students dies after viewing the footage, she and her boyfriend Takanori are fatefully drawn into the horror that has been created by the man who appears in the suicide footage, Kashiwada.

Kashiwada's intention is to create chaos in the world by bringing back Sadako and the power of her curse. Now Akane has to fight against Sadako and Kashiwada to save the lives of herself and Takanori."

For those of you keeping tally, there have been four Japanese films based on Koji Suzuki's popular Ring series including Ringu, Rasen, Ringu 2, and Ringu 0: Birthday. Then there are the little known Japanese TV Series: "Ring: The Final Chapter" (12 Episodes) and it's sequel "Rasen" (13 Episodes). And then there's the Korean remake The Ring Virus alongside the two U.S. remakes. WOWSA.

Source: BloodyDisgusting.com

I think this trailer looks pretty good. Also wow, I didn't realize that there was a Korean version. I love the Ring series. I haven't seen them all yet, but I have see the original Japanese movie, read two of the manga and I've seen the American remakes. :D
actually... for me the sadako 3d looks corny looks like another teen flick oh well let see ^^
Sleepninja wrote: @Bokami You wanna see something scary? Watch Bieber's movie. They had that crap playing nonstop in the electronics department at my store. Scared the **** out of me :(

Hahah I actually watched it becuause an friend convinced me for it :D Lol :p
I love watching horror movies. Like you they dont scare me anymore but i still enjoy watching them.
Sleepninja wrote: [OMFG] 'Sadako' Returns In Trailer For 'Ringu' Sequel!

13 years after the original Ring movie, Sadako will be returning to the big screen in Sadako 3D. Kadokawa Shoten Company released today the film's official international trailer. Koji Suzuki, the author of the original "Ring" novel series, originally indicated that the new 3D film will include a scene of Sadako coming out of a television set, similar to the original. He penned the screenplay. Tsutomu Hanabusa directs.

"Akane is a high school teacher who hears a rumor from her students that there is actual footage on the Internet of someone's suicide. The footage is said to drive anyone who sees it to also commit suicide. Akane does not believe the rumor at first, but when one of her female students dies after viewing the footage, she and her boyfriend Takanori are fatefully drawn into the horror that has been created by the man who appears in the suicide footage, Kashiwada.

Kashiwada's intention is to create chaos in the world by bringing back Sadako and the power of her curse. Now Akane has to fight against Sadako and Kashiwada to save the lives of herself and Takanori."

For those of you keeping tally, there have been four Japanese films based on Koji Suzuki's popular Ring series including Ringu, Rasen, Ringu 2, and Ringu 0: Birthday. Then there are the little known Japanese TV Series: "Ring: The Final Chapter" (12 Episodes) and it's sequel "Rasen" (13 Episodes). And then there's the Korean remake The Ring Virus alongside the two U.S. remakes. WOWSA.

Source: BloodyDisgusting.com

I think this trailer looks pretty good. Also wow, I didn't realize that there was a Korean version. I love the Ring series. I haven't seen them all yet, but I have see the original Japanese movie, read two of the manga and I've seen the American remakes. :D

That trailer looks awesome!
Noooooooo !!!! Ringu traumatized me when I was 12 !
Benzai, Benzai ! I found horror movies thread ! I really love horror and enjoy it to the extreme, all of my friends avoids it or hates it and think that i'm weird for loving it. I love hollywood horror movies because they're always amazing and i'm actually waiting for the upcoming ones. In this season , i haven't enjoyed many except "The Woman in Black", "The Innkeepers" and "Intruders" I'm impatiently waiting for "House at the End of the Street" and "Silent Hill: Revelation" I also enjoy japanese and only japanese horror movies , my favorites are : One missed Call (with all it's sequels) The Grudge The ring Dark Water House 1977 (old, weird but great) Marebito Audition Infection Rampo Noir White Panic The Curse The locker If you like japanese horror movies or horror movies in general, the ones i mentioned above are a must watch !
Love scary films and i also hated them^^ because most of them doesnt have much depth ,,,, but still enjoyable My japanese worthy horror movies Ringu Series (0,1,2) Juon Series (4 movies)..not including the last bad spinoffs One Missed Call Series (part 3 was so bad) Audition Suicide Club Norikos dinner Table Noroi The Curse Dark Water Infection Strange Circus Happiness of Katakuris Pulse Visitor Q Cure Cold Fish Spiral