Custom dramalist categories

This discussion has been closed.

Hello everyone! I was thinking if it would be a better idea if a user could create custom categories in their own dramalist?

Currently we all have 6 main categories to chose from; All dramas and films, Currently Watching, Completed, On Hold, Dropped and Plan to Watch.
It would be great if we could all add our own category creating new personalized lists hence MyDramaList..

E.g. for me I would love to make one for dramas I want to binge watch this week but since Currently Watching is a bit full and not on hold it's harder to keep track of the ones I'm watching and want to finish first.

Thank you for reading!

Edit: I'm aware of lists but why don't they give the option to include them as a category on it's own in My Watch List?

12votes
That's what I use notes for.
thats a great idea! I've often wanted to be able to sort dramas in more detail and have categories for historical dramas only, others for dramas to watch if I want to feel particularly depressed, etc. 
@Versaillesyoo: Personally, I find using notes to help organize dramas tedious and messy and I'm sure I'm not the only one. 
@EverettDelaney: That's exactly why I would love it if this would become a feature! I'm currently watching Autumn's concerto (such an emotional series omg) but I'm really in the mood to watch some cliché rom-coms this weekend. I'm trying to gather as many good dramas as I can find but Currently Watching and Planning to Watch is getting too cluttered. It's going to be very difficult to find the dramas I wanted to watch. 
mm... I use lists for things like that, you know the custom ones, I have several currently on different topics like bromance, intrigue etc. you can make a "want to watch this week" list and put titles in it.

I find the list better option than categories, at least as things are right now.
@Juls: I've used lists before but isn't creating one main place of tracking your dramas/movies better? 
You need to access your lists via My Profile first instead of My Drama list. Then you can't properly track how many episodes you've viewed, you can't sort them alphabetically, on year or any of that. You have to do it manually and yeah, I'm lazy :)

Maybe it would be better, depend on how it would be implemented, the good thing with lists is that you can create many of them and they stack one under the other which means that theoretically you can have thousands of them, the categories are oriented horizontally which is limiting, you can't have as many as with lists placed in that arrangement even if you implement something like drop-box element.

At any rate I'm not against  the feature, i just posted about list in case you didn't thought about using them.
@Lilly Have you seen this thread?
It's not exactly the same but I think it has a similar goal, to help users know which dramas they want to watch sooner than the rest. Only pointing it out since it's been around for a while and has a lot of upvotes already. 
Your idea sounds interesting too though.
@Juls: You have a point, the way it would be implemented could be problematic. To me the most important thing would be easy access. They could do a navigator on the side? In any case I'm not a programmer so I would leave it up to someone who knows the site inside out. 

Just in case if I did, I hope I didn't came across as, well... rude. I definitely know that everyone who replied to me is just trying to help and all. My English is limited and sometimes what I mean to write can be perceived as the total opposite. Anyway thank you for replying!

@versaillesyoo: Thank you for sending that link! I like that idea as well.It seems that many people want their Drama List to be more organized but just have different approaches/ideas. I will definitely take some time to read right now! 
Sleepninja locked this may 17, 2020 01:05