Just like movies you buy have the rating on the back of the case - make it the same here - list the rating of the movie: R=restricted, PG=parental guidance, PG-13, extra... and list why they are rated that way (just like dvds do) R- b/c of sex scenes, gore, ectra... - I know there are movies that have the tag "mature" but some don't have that tag and when you start watching it you don't expect it to like that. there are things in it that you could have avoided with the explanation.

31votes
Added to the list of things to do :) 
Hessa Volunteer Staff
I agree with this. The rating can be easily found for Korean and Japanese dramas/movies (I would be adding if this ever happens and I can easily check when users submit them). Thai dramas have then at the beginning of the episode.

In case we can't find them online we can use this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motion_picture_ratin...

One problem though, is that some episodes have different age restrictions. E.g. White Christmas and Voice.
I think this would be very helpful, especially for younger audiences.

Related to this, I think it would be great if users can add warnings to dramas (episode specific or as a whole, as long as it is clearly visible).
I remember quite a few people being shocked by the shooting that happened on one of the episodes of W. This was something quite unexpected in regard of what happened previously on the series so I can understand why some people were taken aback & might have been in shock due to the parallel with recent events (back then). 
I think that warnings for e.g. domestic/dating violence or rape would be very welcome too. 
Which country's rating system do we use because they can be quite different? I think content warnings for violence are probably a good idea.
Hessa Volunteer Staff
@Naksken
I think we should use the original country ratings. If we choose something else, we would not find info and other people would be rating them based in their opinion.

Maybe have checkboxes for stuff like this (IMDb list):
(a) sex and nudity
(b) violence and gore
(c) profanity
(d) alcohol, drugs, and smoking
(e) frightening and intense scenes

Maybe we can also add:
Disturbing content (Rape and Suicide)
Hessa if those would implemented I wonder if Gore & Violence could be split though as they are often quite different. People like myself don't mind violence as such but I do actively avoid anything with gore in it as I am fairly squeamish. If they were one thing it would be hard to distinguish. I am sure there are others who feel the same.
Hessa Volunteer Staff
In the next update we would have the content rating, but no checkbox list like the one I suggested.

This has been done, the votes should be returned.

Sleepninja locked this oct 1, 2017 08:22