I would like to see a global filter. 

I primarily watch Japanese dramas, with the occasional TW/HK dramas, and very very rarely CN/KR... 

It would be nice if a user can enable a filter so that the website will only display shows that I might actually be interested in. 

8votes

To be honest, I don't see any point in doing this. There is an advanced search that you can use to filter dramas, but using a global filter is very limiting. You never know when you might like something new, why limit yourself?

Hessa Volunteer Staff

I agree with Ceki.

Ceki:

To be honest, I don't see any point in doing this. There is an advanced search that you can use to filter dramas, but using a global filter is very limiting. You never know when you might like something new, why limit yourself?

Statistically, Korean dramas probably make up 0.01% of the dramas I have watched and 0.0001% of the dramas I have watched in the last 10 years. 

When I click the home page, I am presented with 3 articles which are all Korean.

5 Top Airing shows which are all Korean.

and 5 Top Upcoming shows which are all Korean.

All of which I am not interested in.

MDL should be a place where my search for drama is simplified. Otherwise, google would be just as good. Not only that, this is infinitisimally more useful than something as stupid as number of rewatches and watch score. how is that supposed to help anyone? lol. 

Why not limit yourself? Thats the whole reason why you are on MDL and not IMDB right? 

Not really. I'm here for diversity, not to limit myself. If I wanted only doramas I'd go to some blog. 

so banni what I would recommend in go to the japanese part of the forum, friend all the people in the "Friend me if your biased for jdrama" thread then start picking through your friends lists to see what you like...oh and meet new cool people.

This is a good suggestion, especially since like Bannie mentioned, not everyone is into Kdramas. The only downside is that doing this would require a lot of resources (it's also why we haven't been able to remove the dramas that are already on your list from the search.) 

I've been here 5 years.  I can wait. 

I think 5 years ago the disparity wasnt as telling. But now, if you look at the front page, it might as well be MyKDL. lol. great if you are primarily Kdrama. useless if you are not

Yeah, I can understand this. I am actually a Korean drama fanatic myself, and I do like other types of dramas, Japanese, Chinese, Taiwanese (sp), etc, etc, etc. But I could totally understand why some might need or want this. 

https://www.facebook.com/Jdomovie/?hc_ref=ARRPc4T9ElHVRNciT4AF2L0do2r_H68_SolZRt3d13S3nlXPYZE8AEDFdkzezdBLB4Q&fref=nf

like something like this is so useful for me. i get news feed of things that are relevant to me. 

whereas right now, MDL has lost all previous functionality because its just KDL