It's troublesome having to upload pics/gifs by requiring users to first upload it on another website and in turn, having to copy the link and paste it on MyDramaList website, when you can just simply upload it from your computer.

It takes so many steps just to upload one simple image/gif.
Doesn't make any sense, isn't it?

8votes

I guess it boils down to where Skye-N-Rain and Jin determine where they wanna dedicate funds.  Storage space does cost money.  They also need funds to covered development times of new features and so on.   What concerns me more about going to a free 3rd party picture hosting site is that it may disappear overnight and then my older post have no pics.   I think it would be better to have some place affiliated with MDL just to maintain some level of control by MDL and confidence by the user.  

We are looking into an alternative.

Ji-N:

We are looking into an alternative.

Thank you

If you don't know any sites where you can upload your pictures/gifs I always use this one and it works like a gem! http://funkyimg.com/

JoanneSmith:
What concerns me more about going to a free 3rd party picture hosting site is that it may disappear overnight and then my older post have no pics.

This happens to articles unfortunately. But there is an option to upload it from your computer too.

Ceki:

This happens to articles unfortunately. But there is an option to upload it from your computer too.

so i posted this,  my 3rd party site changed their domain name and it caused probs all over my profile and old posts.   Am looking fwd to when there's a way to do it within MDL.   Luckily @Ji-N came to my rescue.