organized prequel sequel

This discussion has been closed.

https://mydramalist.com/8607-nemuri-no-mori-shinzanmono-special

this has been bugging me for some time  

somehin like this link 

i cannot tell what is prequel or sequel, which to watch first and which to watch next 

is it possible to think of a way to organize it better

MAL has a decent system but its still not ideal so i hesitate to recommend it 

0votes

like literally of course its a japanese movie and japanese special but which comes first how should i watch it 

and then if you click on the remake

on the remake's page it says the former is a prequel

it cannot be a remake and a prequel at the same time!! 

(and its not a remake if you watched it) 

Someone would have to submit the correct order and format. 

Yuanwei Volunteer Staff
 Ji-N:

Someone would have to submit the correct order and format. 

Can we add another option: Original story, besides those already existing?

Parent Story -> Sequel / Spinoff / Side Story

Prequel -> Sequel

Original Story -> Remake

Also, I'm not sure what Compilation and Adaptation are used for? :D Adaptation is probably used for when a movie is adapted from a drama and vice-versa?

Maybe we should have a definition for each so that users can properly submit the shows. :D

I looked over the Guidelines and there's nothing about them.

Yes we can. Compilation are normally for Recap or Special and Adaptation is when a movie/drama adapted from Novel or Manga  etc..

Yuanwei Volunteer Staff
 Ji-N:

Yes we can. Compilation are normally for Recap or Special and Adaptation is when a movie/drama adapted from Novel or Manga  etc..

But is Adaptation possible for us? Since we only have dramas and movies and we can't link to a novel or manga? Need an example. :D

Hm.. You're right. That's a tricky issue. Would be nice if we can link it.

Hessa Volunteer Staff

I always thought the adaptation is useless. For MAL, it works since they have manga/written work. For MDL, we don't. Maybe instead change it to, Adapted from the same work/story. It would show that all title are adaptations of the same material/text.

Would really be the best in this case: https://mydramalist.com/2987-boys-over-flowers

Yuanwei Volunteer Staff
 Hessa:

I always thought the adaptation is useless. For MAL, it works since they have manga/written work. For MDL, we don't. Maybe instead change it to, Adapted from the same work/story. It would show that all title are adaptations of the same material/text.

Would really be the best in this case: https://mydramalist.com/2987-boys-over-flowers

Can you give an example of how will you link it? :D

Hessa Volunteer Staff

Hana Yori  Dango would be linked with Boys Over Flowers, both would be linked as "Adapted from the same work".

Yuanwei Volunteer Staff
 Hessa:

Hana Yori  Dango would be linked with Boys Over Flowers, both would be linked as "Adapted from the same work".

I guess it could work, but we need to pay attention on when to use Adapted from the same work and when to use Remake. :D

Hessa Volunteer Staff

Remake is when the original is a film or drama. Adapted from the same work should be when the original is a text/story.

Yuanwei:

I guess it could work, but we need to pay attention on when to use Adapted from the same work and when to use Remake. :D

Sleepninja locked this ago 10, 2020 06:33