'Genre-wise' break up on profile

This discussion has been closed.

We should add a genre-wise break up of the dramas and movies a person has watched on their profile. 

So that we can find people with similar taste in dramas/movies.

If someone asks us suggestions we can just take look at their profile and guess what they'd like.

Just a suggestion.

I don't know if someone has started a poll for this suggestion, I didn't find it. 

46votes

I really like this idea. 

so, do I get credit for it then.....hahaha

Hope more people will like it to vote for it to make the priority list

That's a great idea.

Added to profile, first version.

Thanks for adding, I love it.

Looks cool, thanks a lot!

I like it so far, nice work !

wow.....that's great.

Thanks a lot.

Ji-N:

Added to profile, first version.

That was quick!

Looks good. I had an idea of a pie chart but this is much better!

Thanks, good work!

Now I have one more suggestion. Are you on MYANIMELIST? 

Go to this link and put your MAL username(if you aren't on MAL then use Vishalingle92)  in the empty box and press enter. After some time it shows the break up of your list. 

You can click on those genres and it will tell you how many titles belonging to that genre are there on your list and how much time you've spent watching some particular genre. There's a graph comparing your ratings to global. Etc. (I wanted to add some screenshots but it won't load, so if you have time check it out).

Give it a thought.

Edit:

Btw, this was from a club on MAL.

My main concern behind this suggestion is I should be able to see if we have same interests(based on this break up) what is the difference between the list. So by clicking on that genre/tag on this profile I'd be able to see titles pertaining to that particular genre. And by reading it I'd see if some drama is on that person's list but not on mine, and given our interests align, I'd like to give that drama a GO.

But what you've done is great too since that was what I asked for in the 1st place.

This is just a quick simple update. There will be much more in the future of course.

Ji-N:

This is just a quick simple update. There will be much more in the future of course.

Sure, please do that. Thanks for all your hard work.

Ji-N:

I just saw this....if I click on any tag/genre in my stats list it redirects/searches for titles with that particular tag. Wah! I didn't know you did that much in so little time...this is GOOOOD!