As it stands now it can be hit or miss to get to your results unless you are specific. 

- Allow us to include the release year in the search to get to the wanted result faster.

- Make the search bar remove any string trailing like dots or don't disregard my search because it includes them. For example if  I were to search  "Along.with.the.Gods" I get nothing for a massive franchise. This is particularly important when you are copy pasting titles from some websites and trying to find more information on MDL. Removing the dots repeatedly for tens of long titles is tedious. 

- Sometimes it can be really hard to find a specific title because alternative titles weren't registered or at least not the common one. Most websites like IMDB prioritize international titles and when searching for it on MDL you might not get a result. So to solve this a little bit is to have an automated translation layer in the background from English to the available Asian languages on MDL. It doesn't solve the problem but it can give a few more accurate hits to unregistered alternative titles. 

1votes

For your first point, the MDL search function already has the filtering option using Release year in the advanced search.
I am not certain about your 3rd point. MDL provides more alternative titles than any other movie website out there. Here, the most common or English titles are used as the heading title, then titles in native languages have a separate section, romanized title and any other official title then goes to AKA. And you can't just make up names or titles of movies and people using a translation tool, it's not appropriate since these are names.

I'm aware of the advanced search parameters, it's useful to search within a range but should be unnecessary if you are just searching the title + its release year. Common titles will have a handful of releases, why do I need to go to advance search to search "love 2016". I search tens of titles every day,  It's a bout practical user experience saving you two clicks :)

For my third point, as I mentioned there are, on MDL, unregistered alt titles for obscure/unpopular/indie entries. Of course, for your your top 300 drama/movie/entry you have every possible combination of alt titles available on the internet while the rest of the database have the native title + English title (sometime it is translanted from the native one, sometime it is the official global one). 

In many cases for these titles I go to IMDB scroll down to details then click "Also known as" and try to fetch something and past it in MDL. Of course in such cases I end up adding them to MDL manually.

The titles you see in "AKA" in sites like IMDB are also inserted manually. One should only add a translated title if those are romanized using proper romanization tools and having proper knowledge of that language.

Park Min ALT:
- Make the search bar remove any string trailing like dots or don't disregard my search because it includes them. For example if  I were to search  "Along.with.the.Gods" I get nothing for a massive franchise. This is particularly important when you are copy pasting titles from some websites and trying to find more information on MDL. Removing the dots repeatedly for tens of long titles is tedious.

Sadly a lot of titles have weird naming such as "0.1% World", "0.5mm", "...ing"

Park Min ALT:
For example if  I were to search  "Along.with.the.Gods" I get nothing for a massive franchise.

It would be nice if it were automatic, but if you search "Along" or "Gods" in a title search, these come right up.

I do agree if you do a copy/paste, which I often do, it doesn't work correctly. But you can often (but not always) manipulate the search to get a result.