We have a leaderboard for top contributors, and I think it'd be cool to recognize the master watchers as well! How would it work? 

Not a leaderboard but a tag in the same way that "Contributor" "VIP" or whatever works. When you click on thier "Master Watcher", it shows the tag or genre they get the status for. So what counts as a "Master Watcher?" Take the Romance genre, if you are in the top x percentile of drama watchers who have watched Romance, you become a Master Watcher. Hmm maybe only counts if you have rated those romances. 

It would just be a fun thing to encounter whenever you look at a review, or see a stray post on the feeds, or visit someone's profile. I just think it'd be neat if we could spot people who know the most about any given genre or tag. 

So let's say that out of all the people who have ever watched romance, AUserOnHere has watched 10,000 romance dramas and because of has watched the most romance dramas out of everyone on this site. That would make AUserOnHere a Master Watcher in the category of romance. If a top percentile makes more sense that works too. And if someone gets bumped out of that seat, it can be marked at (Former) Master Watcher.

0votes

The issue I see here is, How'd you verify, whether someone has actually watched em or not? One can simply add any drama/movies and tag them as completed to bump up their points to get that "Master Watcher" tag on their profile. Yes, we have people like this in mdl.

"Yes, we have people like this in mdl." 

lmao why does this sound unintentionally funny 

but yeah I agree with @Elite it's not that accurate. Even with the yearly stats feature isn't 100% correct either so it's not reliable