Hessa Volunteer Staff
You're not "neutral observer" if you insult people because they like a drama or an actor. Here is two of the comments you write in "Scholar Who Walks the Night" comment section
"You are bonafide brainwashed groupie."
and another one
"Cursing may satisfy my needs of vent out why humans are such a fake. One way its fun. I understand the how and why groupies feel but its like they are brainwashed cult members , no amount of torture can make them think independenly. What a waste. Hahaha"
Also, here is one of your comments from KMHM comment section
"Sometime i really wonder why some people make trashy drama and give 10/10. Are these people retarded? Might be. No other possible answer comes to mind."

I don't think we need an ignore list if people will use it to insult others.

The reporting system will be activated in the next update, so I see no need for this since you can report any users breaking the rules.

(Edit: This user has been banned)
I totally agree. Especially some users stalk others like the above. Kind of creepy.

Ignore is standard in all forums I feel a necessity so that I do not have to be forced to interact with unpleasant people nor have others stalk me
Ignore list would be amazing!!
I don't undrstand what an "ignore list" is?.... do you mean ignore in the feeds?.... than just unfriend the person, b/c that is the only interaction among friends , so everything else stays the same... 
Am I missing something?
on the forums u wont see their posts.
u wont get any messages from them etc. 
I am against this ...
Too many suggestions to restrict access and viewing .... and too many people taking things personal and don't want their feelings hurt !!! 
First , it was the removal of "unhelpful" votes so reviewer's feelings don't get hurt if too many say their review is unhelpful ... then, the privacy choice for post so only "friends" can see it (even tho most people who voted yes for it have 'friends' in the hundreds, so what's the point ? :P) , limiting access to assessing a user's taste and opinions .... and now this, an ignore list so someone's feelings don't get hurt by seeing others disliking their bias ...

Too many people take things too personal, and want to keep imposing more and more restrictions !
I hope administration does not keep caving in to their demands .... Instead they I hope they provide general guidelines of conduct on this site:
1 --  Respect ... People must not insult others' opinions and must be respectful in whatever they post.
2 -- An opinion is not an insult, If someone does not like ur bias, don't take it personal... if someone finds a comment offensive, or it breaks the rules (such as spoilers, cussing, etc..) they can flag the comment and administration will remove it .... This feature will be activated in the soon to be released version of MDL.
3 --  MDL is for sharing opinions about dramas ... yes, some of us have become friends and share personal info, but this site is not the socialmedia type for friends IRL to interact, and therefore we don't need to keep imposing restrictions and privacy rules ... It will ruin the atmosphere of MDL ...
Better to keep everything anonymous and open, so the experience will be as free and as inclusive as possible.
@rainruma.  I know we disagreed on the post about making profiles private but here I think you are right on!  I really wish people would learn to interact with respect and not take things personally.  Once someone commented that they didn't like IU.  I replied that I thought she was brilliant.  They apologised in case their opinion offended me.  it's so weird.  differences of opinion make the world go round.  if we all liked the same things then there would be no really great dramas. Having discussions where we express our views respectfully help us learn and grow.  there is no need to apologise for disagreeing.

on the other hand.  Actors should be judged on their merits in individual roles.  if someone doesn't like an actor's performance then it makes sense for them to say so but they should explain why and make an honest and critical judgement.

going around forums and reviews and making insulting comments about people and what they like because they like something different is rude and childish.  People like this just wind up showing themselves up as stupid, ignorant, childish, bullying people.  I like that I can see their posts because then i know who they are and know to not accept their friend requests.
@Naksken --
 "Having discussions where we express our views respectfully help us learn and grow."...100% agree .... I have learned so much about my own taste after having to explain it and justify it to others .... I have also learned and  changed my mind, after being convinced by others' arguments .

"I like that I can see their posts because then i know who they are and know to not accept their friend requests." .... That's exactly my point against making profiles private .... In any case, Ji-n already showed that the option to make posts "friends only" will be implemented... and most people who voted for it have hundreds of friends, so it is almost  the same as being "public" since they barely know most of them .....
The reason this was suggested in the first place, is due to one particular troll/stalker ... yet he has managed to keep creating new identities and befriending them over and over ...
----> so what have they achieved?.... except to allow some people to hide their comments from a stranger who wants to evaluate their opinions... Like you mentioned, to decide whether to befriend them ... or like I want, to decide how to assess their review or comment about a drama.

In any case, I don't mean to hijack this thread to another subject, it just came to mind after you wrote the sentence I quoted..... That's the point, right? Discussion :)

Btw, people will remain biased and subjective, although some will try to be objective... It is not something we can control..... Some will judge an actor due to talent alone, some will be biased by looks and/or popularity .... I am guilty of being subjective... I don't expect it of others, but it is very nice to see objectivity... and I usually value and befriend MDLers like that! :)
exactly!  (I still think you should be able to make your profile private :P)
I agree, we need an Ignore list. It would protect us from stalkers, it would be safer.

@rainruma: I understand your point. but there are users who have no better hobby than to bully other users for no reason. And they hate them for no reason. Ignore list would garantee that these users couldn't read your posts, or add you as friend and plus they couldn't send you messages. Even if you ignore them, these people are creepy and sick. It's the same as bullying is school and nobody does nothing, because if you turn your head, it's not even happening. And if someone was bullyed "only" on the internet, he/she does know how it feels. So that's why I'm on the side of the Ignore list. It would protect everyone in this site from mean people.
But people can just create second and third accounts surely weeding these people out is better for everyone in the long term.  I do understand the stalker thing.  I've been there.  But I'd rather the admin work to create better systems for dealing with bullies.
@ChristineDavenport --- if someone is being bully, they should be reported to administration and they will be banned!
@rainruma: That wouldn't help either too much. Because that person can easily creat a second, third, fourth, etc. account and continue the stalking and bullying. But ignore these people can be a big help for those who are too afraid to report them. Not everyone is brave enough for that. And I'm not talking about myself here.
I am for an ignore list. Not because I want to interact with people less or that I get ny feelings hurt, but because I have come across quite a few trolls around here lately. I don't want to read insulting comments that are made just to troll, guys. Trust me. There *is* a difference.

Also. About restrictions. I am one of the most vocal about not restricting people on here. I also want to point out that, despite that, I suggested removing the unhelpful votes from showing on reviews. It was NOT because of hurt feelings at all. It was because way too many were abusing the feature and were down voting reviews to be spiteful or to troll. I am not talking about one or two, either. I am talking about twenty and thirty+ unhelpful thumbs down in a span of 24 hours on older reviews.

Finally, giving options is *not* restrictive. If you don't want to ignore anyone, you don't have to. Simple as that. It just gives people the option to choose to do so, thus making them feel more comfortable. It is, in no way, restrictive.

I do think we need guidelines or site rules in place and visable, though. MDL has grown so much and, unfortunately, not everyone can be trusted to show common sense in behavior and interaction. One of the best things about MDL is we have the freedom of speech here in a much greater capacity than other places. However, having that also makes it confusing on just what is and what isn't allowed. I am constantly unsure if I should report something or not, because I don't know if the admins would deem it inappropriate or not. :p It would be helpful to know, but that probably requires a seperate suggestion thread.
I searched the term 'Ignore list' before adding it to suggestions but what written here is totally different from what I want an ignore list for.

Just like Completed, Currently Watching dramas I wish there was an ignore list to put dramas into.

With the no. of dramas and movies I watch I always keep searching for new ones, when sometimes I read about the drama/movie page I add the ones I am interested in Plan to watch list
but the dramas and movies that have too many negative reviews and comments and one I don't want to watch, I forget them and somehow again while going through same process I end up reading its page/researching/judging it once again.

It is a waste of time for me. Also I don't think I will change my mind gong through that page again.

This might be useless for people who don't watch many dramas/movies.