I think username changes could be used with coins. I know you can email support and get it changed but sometimes I feel like it might end up in spam or something causing it to never gt resolved unless they email again or make a support ticket. 

This way, as long as a person has enough coins, they can change their username as often as they want (or at least once a year or something) like with their display names.

I know the whole thing of broken links but that would be the user's responsibility in knowing that if they change their screen name, their old screen-links won't work. 

34votes

agreed, I wanna change again actually; having a hard time hahaha

Same here. Lol I signed up with a old username on a whim because I didn't know if I would actually stick around.... little did I know this site is addictive and life consuming. LOL!

FireFox:

Same here. Lol I signed up with a old username on a whim because I didn't know if I would actually stick around.... little did I know this site is addictive and life consuming. LOL!

Unfortunately, I was quite addicting to this site last year, and I want to less consume and more focused irl. I thought a change would be nice, but to the fact that username change limited to only once per month is not cool to begin with

Understandable. I think we've all been there a few times.
And letting people use their coins in this way  I'm sure would clear out a lot of emails for the staff lol not to mention take a lot off of users. It's only normal to want to change ever so often as we all grow/learn/change/etc

FireFox:

Understandable. I think we've all been there a few times.
And letting people use their coins in this way  I'm sure would clear out a lot of emails for the staff lol not to mention take a lot off of users. It's only normal to want to change ever so often as we all grow/learn/change/etc

True, hence why I vote your suggestion as agreement for now

Definitely would love to see this! I've tried requesting twice but still no luck lol Being able to use coins would make it so much easier for both users and staff

Sameee.  I've regretted my username ever since I made my account and realised I couldn't change it. EarthKfan16 is NOT a nice name to be stuck with.

I don't even know how to get coins (and I've tried), but this would still be so helpful.

You get coins by helping around the website. Like any missing information movies or dramas have, if you find the information and submit it you get coins, I believe is how it works.

But someone submitted a good idea too that people could do quizzes and stuff to get coins.

Emrys:

Agreeing to this. Didn't know there was the possibility of emailing support about changing your username but I'll be doing that since there's no other option. It makes sense for it to be a paid feature (as in using coins.)

Btw we get 3 votes to add to suggestions on here. Are they the only votes you get or is it a daily/weekly supply of votes?

You also get coins by paying for them with real money. Wouldn't recommend this method though as it is costly.

You can email them about changing your name? Cool, I'll be doing that for sure. 

I emailed them last month and still haven't heard anything lol

Yeah using the form does get it changed faster, I think. Least that's what I've seen. A lot of people end up having to make forms because their emails go unnoticed. Lol I may end up doing it to if my follow up email doesn't reach them. 😅

Emrys:

Is there a method to contact them faster? I heard there's also a support forum around here. I'm hesitant to write the entire request there however, who knows who might steal my new username lol

Whereis the support forum? I need it asap. My username is the bane of my MDL existence.