So you think you can dance is an american dance competition show that airs on Fox in the US. The series first premiered on July 20, 2005, was created by American Idol producers Simon Fuller and Nigel Lythgoe and is produced by 19 Entertainment and **** Clark Productions.
The show features a broad variety of American and international dance styles ranging across a broad spectrum of classical, contemporary, ballroom, hip-hop, street, club, jazz, and musical theatre styles, amongst others, with many sub-genres within these categories represented. Competitors attempt to master these styles?which are generally, but not always, assigned by a luck-of-the-draw system?in an attempt to survive successive weeks of elimination and win a cash prize (typically $250,000) and often other awards, as well as the title of "America's Favorite Dancer".
[Source: Wikipedia]

This show is structured similar to American Idol except it is dancing instead of singing. First part of the show consist of auditions for potential contestant. These contestant are then tested on various dances where the judges will pick their top 10-20 dancer. These dancer will then compete for votes from viewers.

Season 9 started today Thursday, May 24, 2012
I love this show; sadly, I missed the first ep. last week and will miss the third this week.
I've liked this show since the... second season, I think? I wasn't sure if I wanted to get into it again this year, since I missed last season, but the dancers all look fantastic, SO I HAVE NO CHOICE.
yankumicho wrote: I love this show; sadly, I missed the first ep. last week and will miss the third this week.

styrofoam wrote: I've liked this show since the... second season, I think? I wasn't sure if I wanted to get into it again this year, since I missed last season, but the dancers all look fantastic, SO I HAVE NO CHOICE.

xD best part is you dont have to watch all season, and plus the first few EP are just audition so your not missing much, except for maybe a few good laugh at the bad dancers :0
They seem a lot more into ~inspirational sob stories~ than bad dancers this year, I've noticed? It's kind of strange, but I'm fine with it if they're talented, hahaha.
I fancy their posters - I've used a couple of them as avis.
styrofoam wrote: They seem a lot more into ~inspirational sob stories~ than bad dancers this year, I've noticed? It's kind of strange, but I'm fine with it if they're talented, hahaha.

only during the audition xD once they in vegas the real selection starts :D
Szasha wrote: I fancy their posters - I've used a couple of them as avis.

i noticed :D <3 -pinches-
nekoblah wrote: only during the audition xD once they in vegas the real selection starts :D

I like watching the auditions for the dancers who are only good in ONE style (and then don't make the cut because of it). Especially the crazy hip-hop ones!
styrofoam wrote: I like watching the auditions for the dancers who are only good in ONE style (and then don't make the cut because of it). Especially the crazy hip-hop ones!

did you watch 2nd EP when the judges got the lito kid to dance?
nekoblah wrote: did you watch 2nd EP when the judges got the lito kid to dance?

That was sooo cute!

I'm finally caught up on episodes! I love watching all the shows, even the auditions, because I like to see the good and the bad.
>< havent been keeping up with this season, but now that the top 24 are picked i'm gonna start watching again!
I missed last week's episode ToT
kumicho unni have you been watching?????
Am I the only one who thinks the judges are overpraising some of the contestants? Last week especially, Witney was TERRIBLE, given the fact that it's her genre, I've seen some non-ballroom girls dance better than she has, and of course, [spoiler]they saved her this week cause they're so bloody in love with it. It's not that I hate her or anything, but with what she did last week with her own genre - nope, not a good one, I say[/spoiler]
Wanna watch it...wanna watch it!!! Kekeke since nekochan already recommended it~ :)